The Kentucky League of Cities created a calendar of city-related recognition days, weeks, and months. The calendar can help city officials take simple steps to recognize municipal employees, acknowledge diversity, and highlight public safety and health issues.
View/download the calendar.
Simple ways to use the information:
- Mention or recognize employees at department or city meetings to acknowledge their professional day, week, or month
- Create a proclamation recognizing employees
- Thank departments and employees on social media
- Talk with local media about what city employees do for the community during these days, weeks, or months
- Have an employee "day in the life" video feature on social media
- Highlight long-term and/or new employees in media/social media
- Thank employees personally with a note, card, visit, or call
- Recognize employees/departments on digital or other types of signage at city hall
- Acknowledge special diversity, health, and safety recognitions
For specific resources, Google the day, week, or month.