Municipal employees are among the hardest working in our communities. Front line and first responder services over the past two years highlighted the commitment of city employees. The Kentucky League of Cities Member Relations team created a calendar of city-related recognition days, weeks, and months. The calendar can help city officials take simple steps to recognize municipal employees, acknowledge diversity, and highlight public safety and health issues.
View/download the calendar.
Simple ways to use the information:
- Mention or recognize employees at department or city meetings to acknowledge their professional day, week, or month
- Create a proclamation recognizing employees
- Thank departments and employees on social media
- Talk with local media about what city employees do for the community during these days, weeks, or months
- Have an employee ‘day in the life’ video feature on social media
- Highlight long-term and/or new employees in media/social media
- Thank employees personally with a note, card, visit or call
- Recognize employees/departments on digital or other types of signage at city hall
- Acknowledge special diversity, health, and safety recognitions
For specific resources, Google the day, week, or month.