City of Bardstown | Bardstown , KY
Date Posted: 10/9/2019 3:44:19 PM
The City of Bardstown Kentucky is seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join our organization.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for financial decision-making that affects the city and will provide strategic financial input to the Mayor and City Council.
Some of the General Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and evaluates the financial management functions of the City
- Supervises, reviews and participates in the development of general procedures, methods, and evaluation of results of the financial activities, including rate design, cost of services, accounts receivable and payable, budgeting, investments, payroll, and maintaining internal accounting controls.
- Supervises personnel assigned to the Finance Department.
- Confers with and advises subordinates concerning difficult work problems and the development and installation of financial programs and services.
- Serves as lead staff to Mayor in the preparation of annual budget.
- Supervises and participates in the maintenance of the accounting system and general and subsidiary ledgers; prepares and analyzes required reports.
- Supervises and participates in recording and maintenance of departmental records.
- Maintains purchase order system.
- Prepares reports as required by federal and state governments.
- Maintain the City website as it pertains to the Finance Department. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field supplemented by five years directly related work experience, preferably with a government organization.
Preferred experience with accounting and billing within City owned Utilities departments including water, sewer, electric, cable and internet. Salary dependent on qualifications. The City offers a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance. Paid holidays, personal, and vacation time. Tuition reimbursement. Participation in the Kentucky State Retirement System, etc..
Salary Information: Dependent on qualifications.
Application Deadline: 11/01/2019
To apply you can email your resume to email@example.com or you can mail your resume to: City of Bardstown C/O Greg Ashworth 220 N. 5th St. Bardstown, KY 40004
220 N. 5th St.
Bardstown, KY 40004