IT in a Box
IT in a Box is an affordable one-stop shop for your technology needs.
KLC partners with Sophicity, a company that specializes in technology for cities.
View the brochure.
From backing up and securing your data to modernizing your website, it’s tough for cities to invest in the right technology and hire the best professional expertise to guide them along. But those investments need to happen. Otherwise, your data and city operations are at risk. To address these needs cost-effectively without taking any shortcuts, we helped create a packaged technology service that we call “IT in a Box.”
From the minute you say “go,” IT in a Box provides you with essential technology services and solutions that secure and modernize your city’s IT for a fraction of the typical costs. So what’s inside IT in a Box?
- Cybersecurity and computer maintenance. Guard your city against cyberattacks, viruses, ransomware, and data breaches by keeping your computers patched, protected, and healthy—24/7. IT in a Box management includes always-on monitoring and alerting for issues, enterprise-class antivirus protection, automated computer maintenance, and ongoing software patching to keep you secure.
- 24x7 helpdesk. Every day of the week, IT in a Box has a U.S. based helpdesk team supports you in the office, working from home, or while you’re on the road. No entry-level or junior tech support. You speak to experienced senior engineers with years of municipal experience who help you address any IT issue ASAP.
- Data backup and disaster recovery. Server failure? Flooding? A tornado? No problem—your data is safe. The program provides onsite data backup for quick recovery, and unlimited offsite data backup storage. Yes, that means no storage limit to what can be protected and recovered after a disaster.
- Records / document management and email. IT in a Box provides the software and policies that protect your city documents and email from fire, flooding, tornadoes, and other disasters. They can even help you process Open Records Requests. Plus, IT in a Box provides you Microsoft Office Professional Plus for your desktops that includes the latest versions of Outlook (including 50GB of mailbox storage for each user), Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, InfoPath, Publisher, and OneNote.
- Video archiving. Does your police department rely heavily on squad car and body camera video recordings? No more buying additional expensive storage for video. As your squad car and body camera video recordings continue to grow at a rapid pace, your storage costs do not change.
- Policy and compliance. To protect against cyberattacks and assist with audits, they help you adopt policies and best practices that educate your staff and make sure your technology helps you comply with state law. In addition to staff training, they shore up any security holes by securing, documenting, regularly testing, and proactively managing all your technology including vendor, network, wireless, physical, user, and remote access along with all software and applications.
- Website. IT in a Box can provide you a sleek, modern, custom-designed website that looks good and delivers the information your citizens need. Have as many city pages as you want including pages for city hall, public safety, parks and recreation, news, and events. Website design can also feature the ability to offer online payments and offers a user-friendly backend system so that you can add and update website information yourself.
- Vendor management and procurement. Do you get frustrated wasting time on software support calls where you’re not sure if you’re resolving the problem? The experienced staff steps in to take care of this dirty work. From resolving issues to even purchasing new computers for you, IT in a Box will work with technology vendors directly so that you don’t lose hours and days on the phone.
IT in a Box can customize plans depending on the number of your employees and the size of your city’s technology infrastructure. This customization makes “IT in a Box” affordable for your budget, from the smallest city to the largest city. Contact KLC or Sophicity so that we may assess your needs and begin the quote process.