2019 City Officials Academy in Owensboro, January 23-25.
2019 City Officials Academy
Owensboro - January 23-25, 2019 - REGISTER
VIEW THE AGENDA.
The Kentucky League of Cities (KLC) City Officials Academy (COA) is an intense two-and-a-half-day training packed with practical information to benefit city leaders in doing their jobs. Whether you are newly elected, newly appointed or a seasoned official seeking a refresher course on the basics, you are guaranteed to leave this training with information that will be useful to your work in city government. Topics include:
- Ordinances, Orders & Resolutions
- Open Meetings and Open Records Law
- Parliamentary Procedures
- Code Enforcement
- Local Government Ethics
- Planning & Zoning
- Social Media and The First Amendment for Elected Officials
- Personnel Law
- Personnel Issues with Uniformed Employees
- City Finances
- Municipal Taxing Authority
- Legislative Overview
- Forms of Government Breakout Sessions
- Mini Sessions on Other Popular Topics
- Networking with Other City Officials
- Legal Trivia ...And Much More
Attendees will also receive a complimentary copy of the 2019 edition of the City Officials Legal Handbook, a $50 value, and “must have” tool of first resort for every Kentucky city.
Participants will be eligible for City Officials Training Center credit and/or Training Incentive Program (HB 119) credit. The program will be submitted for approval by the Kentucky Bar Association.