2018 City Officials Orientations - 10 locations
Mark your calendar for the following “post-election” events.
2018 City Officials Orientations
Start your new term in office the right way! After each election, KLC officers and staff members travel to locations across the state to provide City Officials Orientation (COO) sessions to educate newly-elected and re-elected officials on city government basics. Attendees will learn about the structure of city government, the most common city legal issues, municipal powers and the roles and responsibilities of elected officials.
This training is a must-attend event for new officials, and is a great refresher for seasoned elected and appointed officials.
There is no charge for orientation but registration is required.
AM: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (local time)
PM: 5:30 p.m. -8:30 p.m. (local time)
Tuesday, December 4
- (AM) - Lexington (Four Points by Sheraton, 1938 Stanton Way)
- (PM) - Morehead (Morehead Conference Center, Hardwood Room, 111 E. First St.)
Wednesday, December 5
- (AM) - Prestonsburg (Comfort Suites, 51 Hal Rogers Drive)
- (PM) - London (Country Inn and Suites, 2035 W. Hwy. 192)
Tuesday, December 11
- (AM) - Mayfield (Purchase ADD, 1002 Medical Drive)
- (PM) - Madisonville (Ballard Convention Center, 605 East Arch Street)
Wednesday, December 12
- (AM) - Bowling Green (Country Inn & Suites, 535 Wall Street)
- (PM) - Elizabethtown (Elizabethtown Police Dept., 300 South Mulberry Street)
Thursday, December 13
- (AM) - Jeffersontown (The Jeffersonian, 10617 Taylorsville Road)
- (PM) - Florence (Florence Government Center, 8100 Ewing Blvd.)