2018 Kentucky Municipal Clerks Institute, July16-20 in Lexington
2018 Kentucky Municipal Clerks Institute
July 16-20, 2018
Join the Kentucky Municipal Clerks Association (KMCA) at the
39th Annual Kentucky Municipal Clerks Institute (KMCI)! At KMCI, you will have the opportunity to learn new skills, network with other city clerks and obtain certification. KMCI will feature 40 hours of training with courses designed to combine lectures, discussion and hands-on training.
Annual Training Highlights
- City Personnel Issues
- Ordinances, Orders and Resolutions
- Grant Writing
- Parliamentary Procedures
- Procurement Process
- Filing Boundary Changes
- Wage & Hour Issues at City Hall
- Setting Tax Rates & Projecting Revenue
- City Clerks 101
- DISC- Personality Assessment Class
- Ask a Clerk Panel
- Leadership Movie and Discussion
- Effective Public Speaking
- Change Management
- Five Languages of Workplace Appreciation
- Social Media & Public Employment (You Put What on Facebook?!?)
Need to Know
- Municipal Legal Concepts
- What to Expect and How to Prepare for an Audit
- Disaster Preparedness for City Clerks
- City Hall Security
- City of Ethics Training
- Open Government in a Digital World
Full Agenda Coming Soon!
Attendees will obtain 40 hours of credit by participating in all courses offered at KMCI, including:
- Four hours of alternative learning credit must be completed by July 20, 2018. All registrants will receive an email on or after June 6, 2018, with an excerpt from Everyone Communicates, Few Connect by John C. Maxwell and a writing assignment. The writing assignment may be turned in early or on-site at the conference.
- Attendees must submit this assignment to obtain 40 hours of credit.