HB 55 Planning & Zoning - November 14 in Owensboro
HB 55 Planning & Zoning
Wednesday, November 14
8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Central time
Audubon Area Community Services
1700 W. 5th Street
Owensboro, KY 42301
The Kentucky League of Cities is offering one of our most requested and highest-rated community planning seminars. "Planning & Zoning to Meet HB 55 Requirements" educates zoning administrators, planning commissioners, board of appeals members and legislative bodies on the intricacies of the proper way to conduct zoning procedures in your community.
This session will include:
- The Vote is In - Adopting Planning & Zoning Helps You Get Re-elected! - 1 hour
- User-Friendly Planning & Zoning – Streamlining the Process -1 hour
- Polishing the Silver: Planning Education in Kentucky - 1 hour
- Sign Regulation following Reed v. Gilbert – 1 hour
- Ethics – 1 hour
- Conducting Effective Meetings - 1. 5 hour
- The Importance of Floodplain Mapping for Planning & Zoning – 1.5 hour
- Total Hours: 8 Hours Training
Presenters: David Pike, Attorney and Managing Owner, Pike Legal Group, PLLC
Shawn Moore, Executive Director, CZI, CFM, Mercer County Joint Planning Commission
Who should attend? Planning and zoning administrators and staff, commissioners, local elected officials, board of adjustment members, city attorneys, city planners, city administrators and city legislative body members.
Credit: 8 hours of HB 55 credit, City Officials Training Center credit and/or Training Incentive Program (House Bill 119) credit.
Registration: $69 KLC members/ $99 nonmembers