Recognize AmeriCorps and Senior Corps Programs in your City - April 3, 2018
The Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) is the federal agency that engages millions of Americans in service through AmeriCorps and SeniorCorps. The annual National Service Recognition Day is April 3.
Download the National Service Recognition Day FAQ's.
Each year, thousands of elected officials across the country take time to honor national service members through social media, official proclamations, thank-you videos, appreciation events, and more. Last year was a great success—over 4,520 local elected officials, including bipartisan mayors of large and small cities alike, signed on and participated as Leaders for National Service. For the sixth year, the National League of Cities has been a partner in this effort.
Once registered, the program can help local officials publicly recognize programs at events or in other ways.
Local Officials Can participate in recognizing AmeriCorps members and Senior Corps volutneers in several ways.
1) Register for Recognition Day
2) Use Recognition Day resources.
3) Post the Recognition Day logo to your website or social media, hyperlinked to nationalservice.gov/RecognitionDay. Use #NationalServiceWorks.
4) Encourage others in your city to sign up for Recognition Day yourself!
- AmeriCorps programs in Kentucky listed by city.
- AmeriCorps programs - Kentucky Map
- View the current program list with descriptions and contact information.
Kentucky Senior Corps