KCMA Clerk of the Year Award Application now available - Due February 28, 2018Posted on January 17, 2018
The Kentucky Municipal Clerks Association (KMCA)
Clerk of the Year Award
Application Period is now Open
Applications are due February 28, 2018.
Purpose of the Award
The purpose of the Clerk of the Year Award is to recognize a member of the Kentucky Municipal Clerks Association (KMCA) whose accomplishments have made the most significant contribution to raising the professional status and image of the Municipal Clerk profession, improving municipal government in Kentucky and/or educating Kentucky’s municipal clerks.
To be considered for selection as Municipal Clerk of the Year, the nominee must be:
- A duly appointed Certified Kentucky Municipal Clerk of a municipality in the State of Kentucky.
- An active member in good standing of KMCA, with dues paid for the preceding five consecutive years.
Nomination guidelines are as follows:
- Each Regional Chapter may nominate one individual from their region or another KMCA Region. The nomination shall be made by the Regional Chapter President and may include additional letters of support. The nominee should be chosen by the majority of the region’s members.
- Nominations will be accepted from mayors and city administrators/managers.
- Peer-to-peer nominations will not be accepted.
- Members of the Clerk of the Year Award Committee are not eligible for nomination.
- Previous winners of the KMCA Clerk of the Year award are not eligible to receive the award again until five years have passed since their initial award.
The nominations shall open in January with final nominations due by the last day of February each year. Completed forms shall be forwarded no later than the last day of February to the Clerk of the Year Award Committee Chair which will be listed on the KMCA website.
As Committee Chair applications can be submitted to me by email, fax , or snail mail at the address below, but must be RECEIVED no later than the last day of February (February 28,2018), NOT POSTMARKED, RECEIVED.
Please see the attached policy and nomination form for additional guidance
For more information, contact:
Robbie Hume, CMC
City Clerk Administrator
Kentucky Municipal Clerks Association, Immediate Past President
International Institute of Municipal Clerks, Region V Director
City of Lawrenceburg
100 North Main Street
Lawrenceburg, KY 40342
Visit the KCMA website.