KLC Insurance Services (KLCIS) Liability Grant - Another Benefit for Members
2018 KLCIS Liability Grant
The KLCIS Liability Grant will be offered from September 10, 2018 to November 9, 2018, noon, EST.
- Please pay close attention to the following information for this grant.
- This grant is for the KLCIS Liability insurance members.
- Download the liability safety grant application.
- The applying city or agency must be a current member of the Kentucky League of Cities Insurance Services (KLCIS) program with Liability insurance coverage.
- Only one application will be accepted from each insured member.
- Important Safety Grant Program Dates
- Application period is from: September 10, 2018 – November 9, 2018, noon, EST.
- Invoices or purchase orders must be attached to the grant and returned at the same time.
- We will accept purchase orders and invoices dated July 1, 2018 to November 9, 2018.
- Due to the popularity of this grant, we advise members to apply early. If liability grant applications exceed funds available, grants will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- We recommend emailing or faxing the application. Processing of the mailed application is based on the date we receive the application.
- The Liability Grant is a 50/50 matching grant.
- Members with Liability premiums before taxes less than $35,000 are eligible for up to $1,500 grant reimbursements for approved purchases.
- Members with Liability premiums before taxes of $35,000 and above are eligible for up to $3,000 grant reimbursements for approved purchases.
Eligible Items List:
Mowers - Mulching mowers or kits to prevent discharge accidents
- Interior backup cameras, sensors and installation (not exterior backup alarms)
- Defensive driver training
Law Enforcement (must have KLCIS Law Enforcement Coverage)
- Police accreditation fees (will accept fees paid during calendar year 2018)
- Defensive driver training
- Body Cameras (INITIAL PURCHASE ONLY- Storage and monthly fees are not included - Must submit Model Policy with application)
- Gun safes (Will only reimburse for specified brand. Please click here for ordering information.
- Search Wands (Will only reimburse for specified brand. Please click here for ordering information.
- Crumb rubber, IPEMA certified engineered wood fiber, or pea gravel for playground cushioning material
- New playground equipment to replace old equipment Slip and Fall Protection
- Sidewalk replacement or repair
- Sewer Backup Prevention (must have sewer backup coverage with KLCIS)
- Cameras, rodding and hydroblasting equipment
- Radio read meters (gas and water)
- Meter lids that meet liability review guidelines for KLCIS
- Hit Kits for Natural Gas companies to document damaged lines. (example Rhino Hit Kit)
All grants are dependent on the availability of funds.