Drones/Unmanned Aircraft Implementation 101 - What Public Safety Officials Need to Know- September 18 in FrankfortPosted on August 10, 2017
Drones/Unmanned Aircraft Implementation 101: What Public Safety Officials Need to Know
Is your city or police department considering implementing a drone/unmanned aircraft program? Where do you start or what do you need to know about this ever-emerging technology? What about a model policy? What are the FAA requirements? What approval is needed?
Join the Kentucky Department of Aviation, the Kentucky Association of Chiefs of Police and the Kentucky League of Cities Insurance Services (KLCIS) Loss Control for a two-hour seminar with a question and answer session on implementing a program from the ground up. There is no charge for this seminar.
September 18, 10:00 a.m.- 12:00 EDT
KY Transportation Cabinet, 200 Mero Street, Frankfort, KY 4062
Download a flyer about this training.
- Introduction to Drones
- FAA rules for recreational and commercial operators
- Rules restricting drone operation near airports and sensitive locations
- Drone registration, when registration is required
- What you need to know before enacting a drone ordinance
- Investigating Drone Incidents
- Review of drone laws—local, state and federal
- Defining local law enforcement’s role in regulating drone use
- Knowing when to intervene and recognizing legitimate use
- Online resources
- Establishing a Drone Program
- Overview of the FAA’s requirements and approval process for public agencies
- Policy development and best practices
- Mitigating public opposition; balancing privacy concerns with public safety
- Questions and Answers