City Attorney List-Serve
The city attorney list-serve is a free service offered by the Kentucky League of Cities to facilitate improved communication among city attorneys regarding issues related to the representation of city governments.
City attorneys use the list-serve to ask and answer questions related to their municipal law practice. In addition to providing a forum for questions, the list-serve is available to send general announcements related to municipal law, such as legislative updates and scheduled municipal law training seminars.
1. How do I send e-mail to the group?
You can "post" a message to the list-serve group simply by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
2. How do I unsubscribe from the list-serve?
Click on the "unsubscribe" link in the footer of any list-serve e-mail, then type your e-mail address and click "submit."
3. What is a digest format and how do I receive digested e-mail?
The digest option allows the user to receive all of the day's e-mails at one time instead of individually. To request a digest version, send your request to Andrea Shindlebower.
As with any community, there are guidelines governing behavior of the group. By joining and using KLC's City Attorney list serve, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and regulations set forth for this list serve. You also agree to reserve discussions for topics best suited to the medium. KLC reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership of any subscriber who violates the rules. All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, libelous or offensive language is prohibited. The discussions are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention.
- Do not post commercial messages.
- Code names or aliases are prohibited.
- Copyrighted materials posted without permission are prohibited.
- Uploading, posting, or e-mailing any content that is unlawful is prohibited.
- All parties submitting materials represent and warrant that the submission or distribution and use of such materials in connection with the list-serve will not violate any other party's proprietary rights.
- No random sending of greeting cards, jokes, or information unrelated to the representation of municipalities.
Include your name, the city or cities you represent, and your e-mail address on all messages. In the subject line, state concisely and clearly the specific topic of your comment(s). This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting, and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject (e.g., annexation).
Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information and place your response before the original posting.
Send a message to the entire list only when it contains information that can benefit everyone (i.e., send messages such as "thanks" and "me too," etc. to individuals).