Current Job Postings
Government Affairs Administrative Coordinator - See details below.
Download job description.
Account Specialist - see details below.
Download job description.
Governmental Affairs Administrative Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Administration/Human Resources
Position Summary: Responsible for the administrative support to the Deputy Executive Director, Governmental Affairs, Legal Services and Research staff. Performs advanced skilled clerical and technical work requiring the use of word and data processing equipment; does related work as required.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director of Administration/Human Resources. This is sedentary to light work that requires limited physical effort; position requires visual acuity for preparing, reviewing, checking and maintaining written and computer files and records; requires hearing sufficient to accurately perceive information at normal spoken word levels, the ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word and manual dexterity to operate standard office, data entry and word processing equipment.
- Serves as clerical support to professional staff members, performing various word and data processing services.
- Maintains legislative and KLC Board of Directors information on KLC member database.
- Manages legislative functions during yearly legislative sessions.
- Manages administrative work and maintains schedules and calendars for Deputy Executive Director and other department staff as requested.
- Oversees instate and out-of-state travel in conjunction with the Travel & Facilities Coordinator for the Deputy Executive Director and other department staff upon request, including hotel registration, meeting registration, airline reservations and KLC car reservations.
- Prepares expense vouchers for Deputy Executive Director and other department staff upon request.
- Prepares letters, memorandums and reports as requested by department staff.
- Assists in coordination and tracking of legislative attendance at the KLC Conference & Expo.
- Oversees selection and purchase of KLC Legislative Awards.
- Oversees Frankfort office property maintenance upon direction of Director of Human Resources, including housekeeping, lawn and landscape, heating and air conditioning, office equipment and office supplies.
- Manages Frankfort office activities during each yearly legislative session.
- Schedules conference rooms, team meetings and conference calls.
- Prepares and distributes KLC Box Scores each work day.
- Assists with preparation, layout and dissemination of Legislative Bulletins and Alerts.
- Manages database audience list for Legislative Bulletin/Alert.
- Coordinates correspondence and tracks calls with legislators.
- Manages and coordinates City Day/City Night legislative event and all associated functions.
- Manages KLC Legislative Barbecue Event and all associated functions.
- Manages logistics and materials preparation for KLC Board of Directors meetings.
- Prepares materials for KLC Board of Directors meetings and conference calls.
- Maintains address, telephone and email information for each Board member on KLC database.
- Plans and oversees logistics for KLC Board of Directors meetings in conjunction with member services staff.
- Assists in compiling Board packets, printing and mailing.
- Responds to or forwards inquiries from Board members.
- Prepares meeting minutes for each Board meeting.
- Accepts and submits reimbursement forms to accounting for Board members.
- Manages Kentucky Legislative Ethics requirement process and procedures for all KLC lobbyist, which includes completing as required by law all initial registrations, requests for registration fees and termination forms; requests percentages of time/earnings for each lobbyist to be considered on individual and employer ethics report; ensures that all conference, reception and meal expenses for legislators are computed and entered on employer form; prepares and delivers individual and employer ethics forms for each KLC lobbyist.
- Performs other related tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: A thorough knowledge of word processing functions and the skill to format business letters, correspondence, Legislative Bulletins and reports. Ability to perform work on Microsoft Word and Excel and ability to operate a variety of office equipment such as computers, copy machines, and projectors. Organizational skills to independently initiate, prioritize, and perform or solve work problems related to deviations in work assigned to meet fixed or fluctuating deadlines and achieve work objectives. Coordinate the assembly and submittal of large quantities of information from multiple sources. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with city officials, LRC staff, legislators, other employees and the general public; and ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Education and Experience: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school and considerable experience in working with word and data processing equipment.
Special Requirements: Possession of an appropriate driver’s license valid in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Reports to: Director of Agency Operations
Position Summary: Responsible for performing professional work in the development, presentation and implementation of the KLCIS Property and Casualty insurance program.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director of Agency Operations. This is sedentary to light work that requires limited physical effort; position requires visual acuity for preparing, reviewing, checking and maintaining written and computer files and records; requires hearing sufficient to accurately perceive information at normal spoken word levels, the ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word and manual dexterity to operate standard office, data entry and word processing equipment.
- Provides exceptional customer service to members, insurance agents and KLC staff in regard to insurance needs.
- Provides information of KLC products and relates the product to customer needs.
- Markets and explains KLC insurance products to agents. Provides loss runs on a timely basis.
- Assists with planning, development, presentation and implementation of the KLCIS property and casualty insurance program and other insurance products not offered by KLCIS but needed by our customers, i.e., bonds, special events, flood, aviation, etc.
- Promotes growth of KLC insurance program by the placement of new accounts.
- Reviews new business submissions, including gathering of essential information and clarification of information provided.
- Gives written instructions to the insuring company for a quote per the application received.
- Recognizes the customers’ needs for additional insurance products and enhancements.
- Takes measures to maintain renewals.
- Assists in collection of insurance premiums.
- Meets with current and prospective clients to ascertain insurance and risk management needs.
- Prepares reports and maintains records on insurance efforts.
- Proposes and quotes prices for insurance coverage to cities.
- Provides consultative and technical assistance to clients.
- Assists Director in performing various special studies, projects and services.
- Prepares and delivers insurance proposals to prospective clients.
- Prepares applications and underwriting information for the Underwriter in rating the risk.
- Develops and maintains prospect and client data base for insurance purposes.
- Explains insurance policies and proposals at city council meetings.
- Prepares marketing materials for distribution to agency clients.
- Administers bonds to cities.
- Assists with customer claims issues to include filing, tracking and resolving claims.
- Attends various conferences to present material, obtain new business and/or solidify existing business.
- Performs related tasks and other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Thorough knowledge of employee benefits and municipal insurance services and programs; thorough knowledge of marketing methods, procedures and techniques; general knowledge of research methods and techniques; general knowledge of education and training techniques; general knowledge of municipal organization and procedures; outstanding interpersonal skills, ability to implement and evaluate marketing programs; ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with League staff, contract service providers, clients and prospective customers; ability to prepare and maintain records; thorough knowledge of word processing functions and standard office practices, procedures and clerical techniques; ability to type accurately and at a reasonable rate of speed; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; ability to communicate ideas effectively both orally and in writing; ability to work in paperless environment; strong time management skills; and ability to multi-task.
Education and Experience: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in marketing, industrial engineering or a related field and considerable experience in insurance service marketing. Minimum of five (5) year’s experience in insurance industry.
Special Requirements: Possession of an appropriate driver’s license valid in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Property and Casualty Insurance licenses required.