KLC Insurance Services Workers' Comp Safety Grant - Application deadline is April 20, 2018
2017-2018 KLCIS Workers’ Compensation Safety Grant
This grant is for the KLCIS Workers’ Compensation insurance members.
Thank you for choosing KLC for your insurance!
- The applying city or agency must be a current member of the Kentucky League of Cities Insurance Services (KLCIS) program with Workers’ Compensation (WC) insurance coverage.
- Only one application will be accepted from each insured member.
Important Safety Grant Program Dates
- Application period: March 5, 2018 – April 20, 2018, noon, EDT.
- Invoices or purchase orders must be attached to the grant and returned at the same time.
- We will accept purchase orders and invoices dated July 1, 2017 to April 20, 2018.
- Due to the popularity of this grant, we advise members to apply early. If safety grant applications exceed funds available, grants will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- We recommend emailing or faxing the application. Mailed applications will be processed on the date they are received.
Application Rules - The Safety Grant is a 50/50 matching grant.
- Members with Workers’ Compensation coverage with total premiums before taxes less than $35,000 are eligible for up to $1,500 grant reimbursements for approved purchases.
- Members with Workers’ Compensation coverage with total premiums before taxes $35,000 and above are eligible for up to $3,000 grant reimbursements for approved purchases.
- Members who are applying for personal protective equipment (PPE), must complete the PPE Hazard Assessment and attach a copy to the grant and return at the same time.
Eligible Items List
- Personal protective equipment (must complete PPE Hazard Assessment and attach a copy with application) –
- PPE does not include body armor due to other funding available.
- Puncture-resistant gloves and sharps containers.
- KLCIS Risk and Safety Conference
- Reimbursement of $300 for each person who attends as a full registration.
- Yaktrax or similar snow and ice traction devices for footwear.
- Safety training from an outside contractor.
- Utilities Safety Manuals (ex. APPA, AGA).
- Table Saws with auto stop blade break (ex. Saw Stop).
- Confined space equipment (including calibration of air monitors).
- Trenching and shoring safety equipment.
Please note that we are targeting the losses that occur most within our program. These categories will change from year to year. Only items listed will be accepted for this grant period. No exceptions!
All grants are dependent on the availability of funds.