2017 KLC Insurance Services Liability Grant - Due November 10, 2017.
Download the Application.
Applications are due November 10.
2017 KLCIS Liability Grant
The KLCIS Liability Grant will be offered from September 11- November 10, 2017, noon, EST.
Please pay close attention to the following information for this grant.
This grant is for the KLCIS Liability insurance members.
- The applying city or agency must be a current member of the Kentucky League of Cities Insurance Services (KLCIS) program with General Liability insurance coverage.
- Only one application will be accepted from each insured member.
Important Grant Program Dates
- Application period: September 11, 2017 – November 10, 2017, noon, EST.
- Invoices or purchase orders must be attached to the grant and returned at the same time.
- We will accept purchase orders and invoices dated July 1, 2017 to November 11, 2017.
- Due to the popularity of this grant, we advise members to apply early. If safety grant applications exceed funds available, grants will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- We recommend emailing or faxing the application. Processing of the mailed application is based on the date we receive the application.
- The Grant is a 50/50 matching grant.
- Members with General Liability premiums (before taxes) less than $35,000 are eligible for up to $1,500 grant reimbursements for approved purchases.
- Members with General Liability premiums (before taxes) $35,000 and above are eligible for up to $3,000 grant reimbursements for approved purchases.
Eligible Items List
- Interior backup cameras, sensors and installation (not exterior backup alarms)
- Defensive driver training
Law Enforcement (must have KLCIS Law Enforcement Coverage)
- Police accreditation fees (will accept fees paid during 2016)
- Defensive Driver training
- Body Cameras (INITIAL PURCHASE ONLY- Storage and monthly fees are not included. Must submit MODEL POLICY with application)
- Crumb rubber, IPEMA certified engineered wood fiber or pea gravel for playground cushioning material
- New playground equipment to replace old equipment
Slip and Fall Protection
- Sidewalk replacement or repair
- Sewer Backup Prevention (must have sewer backup coverage with KLCIS)
- Cameras, rodding and hydroblasting equipment
- Radio read meters (gas and water)
- Meter lids that meet liability review guidelines for KLCIS
All grants are dependent on the availability of funds.