Congratulations to the City of Nicholasville - now a Certified City of Ethics!Posted on August 9, 2018
Congratulations to the Nicholasville, our latest Certified City of Ethics!
Certified City of Ethics - Nicholasville - Pictured are Front Row: HR Kathy Rhineheimer, Ethics Secretary Raven Warren, Commissioner Andy Williams, Commissioner Betty Black, Mayor Pete Sutherland, Commissioner Patty Teater, (directly behind Commissioner Teater) Assistant City Clerk Kathy Walker. Back Row: City Clerk Roberta Warren (behind Commissioner Williams), Utility Director Bob Amato (between Commissioners Williams and Black), Commissioner Doug Blackford (directly behind Commissioner Teater), Ethics Board Member Justin Patterson, Police Chief Todd Justice
What do residents and businesses look for in local government?
Efficiency, inclusiveness and ethical leadership.
Aspire to become a KLC Certified City of Ethics.
Download information and application.
Certification under the Kentucky League of Cities (KLC) Certified City of Ethics Program is a way to recognize cities and city officials that have adopted principles and procedures that offer guidance on ethical issues, and a mechanism to resolve complaints at the local level. In addition, this program increases public trust and confidence in city governments and their services through the training and recognition that this program promotes.
Administered by KLC Member Legal Services, any KLC member city may apply for this multi-faceted certification program.
TO EARN A "CERTIFIED CITY OF ETHICS" DESIGNATION, A CITY MUST TAKE THE FOLLOWING STEPS.
- Cities should review the KLC model ethics ordinance* and make any changes to their current ordinance that they feel necessary.
- Send updated city ethics ordinance to be reviewed by KLC to be certain that it meets minimum standards set out in KRS 65.003.
- Adopt a resolution establishing the six ethics principles to govern the conduct of your city's officials and employees and send along with application to KLC.
- All elected officials and ethics board members must complete intense training on City Ethics Ordinance provided by KLC.
- Achieve Certification
* request a copy of the model ethics ordinance in WORD format by calling Andrea Shindlebower.
Learn more about the program by contacting
Andrea Shindlebower Main
Personnel Services Specialist