Congratulations to the 2013 KLC Award Winners.
Elected City Official of the Year- Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer - read news release
City Employee of the Year- St. Matthews Public Works Supervisor Terry Ridgeway - read news release
Enterprise Cities Awards- read news release
City of Powderly
City of Mayfield
City of Henderson
We celebrate Kentucky cities with the Kentucky League of Cities Awards!
WATCH FOR INFORMATION COMING SOON ABOUT THE 2014 AWARDS PROGRAM!
Staying true to its mission, KLC supports community innovation, effective leadership and quality governance with annual awards to cities and individuals that demonstrate outstanding commitment to municipal service.
- The awards garner outstanding, positive local and state media attention.
- The KLC awards are open to all KLC member cities, and officials and employees from KLC member cities.
- The winner in each category receives one complimentary registration to the 2013 KLC Conference & Expo to be used by him/her or their city.
- Winners in each category receive a $1,000 donation for the city project (Enterprise Cities) or the individual's local charity of his/her choice. Runners-up in each category receive a $250 donation for the city project (Enterprise Cities) or the individual's local charity of his/her choice."
- There are no application fees for the KLC Awards.
Enterprise Cities Awards
Each year, KLC recognizes outstanding projects and programs in Kentucky cities with the Enterprise Cities Awards in four population categories. The awards are given to projects that demonstrate increased efficiency, innovation and overall benefit to the community, as well as the possibility of being adapted well in other cities.
Cities under 2,500
Cities over 15,000
Elected City Official of the Year
This award goes to a current elected public official who personifies the best in local public service.
City Employee of the Year
This award recognizes a current city employee who consistently goes above and beyond expectation.
Other Annual Awards Programs of Interest
Watch for information on additional state and national awards opportunities at klc.org and in KLC DirectLine, KLC's weekly member enewletter.