2018 Litter Abatement Grant Funding - Forms due NOVEMBER 1
The Kentucky Energy and Environment Cabinet, Department for Environmental Protection Division of Waste Management is now accepting applications for the 2018 Litter Abatement Grant program.
DEADLINE: November 1, 2017, pursuant to KRS 224.43-505.
- View and Print Information Letter
- View and Print FAQ's
- Complete Agreement Form
- Closeout Form
- There is no match requirement for this grant.
- The signed “City Request and Agreement for Litter Abatement Grant Funding,”
attached, must be received in the Divion of Waste Management Office by close of business November 1,
2017, pursuant to KRS 224.43-505.
- The amount of grant funding each city is eligible to receive will not be
determined until after November 1, 2017. Once all applications are received,
the amount of funding available will be calculated in accordance with statutory
- Anti-litter control program grant recipients shall use grant funding for “direct expenses” associated with public road cleanup and city street cleanup requirements referred to in KRS 224.43-505(d)(5). See 401 KAR 49:080, Section 4(2)(a).
- “Direct expenses” include staff time, supplies, contract costs, expenditures related to the operation of equipment, actual disposal costs incurred, and activities, including education, focusing on litter prevention and litter cleanup along public roadways. Direct expenses do not include the purchase of a motor vehicle or lease of a motor vehicle when the lease includes a purchase option. See 401 KAR 49:080, Section 1(2)(a). Learn more here.